Raita is a traditional yogourt dipping sauce that can be made several ways, with fresh cucumber, fresh made boondi, cilantro and mustard seeds, etc. Boondi Raita is especially tasty because of the rich flavour that the boondi adds. This raita compliments Chole (Chick pea curry) and other bean/lentil curries nicely.
Stop by our Toronto retail location or visit the nearest Indian grocery store near you and pick up Surati Boondi today!
- Surati Boondi 100 grams
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Roasted cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Whisk yogurt till smooth.
- Add the salt, roasted cumin seed powder and chilli powder to the yogurt and mix.
- Add Surati Boondi and mix well.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves and a sprinkle of red chilli powder and serve chilled.
Give it a try and let us know what you think!